We’re ready for our pupils’ return!
We’re very much looking forward to welcoming back on Monday members of our Nursery, Reception, Year 1 and Year 6 year groups with the protection and wellbeing of our pupils, parents and staff our primary concern.
St Andrew’s Prep staff have worked tirelessly to ensure that the school is following the Government’s education planning and safety guidelines to minimise risk and we can confirm the school complies with Government’s ‘Five Steps to Safer Working Together’. The school has:
- Carried out a Covid-19 risk assessment, the results of which have been shared with members of staff
- Cleaning, handwashing and hygiene procedures are in place in line with the guidance
- Taken all reasonable steps to help those working from home
- Taken all reasonable steps to maintain a 2m distance in the workplace
- Ensured that where people cannot be 2m apart, everything practical has been carried out to manage transmission risk
Over the last few weeks, in addition to following Government advice regarding the wider opening of schools, a great deal of consultation has taken place with governing bodies, the governors and our staff regarding minimising risk which has resulted in the following changes:
- Classroom layouts have been reviewed so that desks are widely spaced out
- Classes will operate as independent groups (‘bubbles’) with the same children under the care of the same teacher each day, with people sitting at the same desk every day and each bubble moving around the school at a safe distance from other groups
- Each group will enter and depart the school campus from different doors
- The school timetable, lunch and break times have been altered to minimise mixing and contact between groups
- Items and equipment that children would normally share has been stowed away
- Music, art and games sessions will be taught in such a way so as to ensure minimum risk
- The amount of daily cleaning has been increased and there will be a plentiful supply of hand soap and hand sanitizer.
Headmaster, Gareth Jones said, “While St Andrew’s Prep has remained open for the children of our key worker parents since lockdown, it will be lovely to have more children back on our beautiful site on Monday as we take the first steps back towards normality. The health, safety and wellbeing of our returning staff and pupils is our primary focus and I want to reassure our parents that we have processes and procedures in place and have met all Government expectations to minimise risk. We will continually review our practices in the light of the latest advice and will keep the community fully aware of developments as we look ahead.”